First ever trip to Phuket 2014 - Day 1

05:06

WARNING: THIS IS A WORDY POST

So.. If you have noticed from my Instagram account, I was away from home for a 4 days 3 nights vacation to Phuket! For this trip, I flew with JetStar, and stayed at Sea Pearl Villa Resort Phuket(booked via Agoda). The fees for the flights and hotel costed me around... $420ish? (Can't remember already, oops) For expenses, I spent about $450ish. So yeah, do your math for the total trip cost.

Day 1 / 7th April 2014 :
Singapore to Phuket - 0820 flight - so I had to reach Terminal 1 to check in before 0620. Had McBreakfast at Terminal 2 before going into the Departure Hall. Reached Phuket in about 1.5 hours time.

After landing and picking up my luggage, I then walked towards the exit, wanting to get a cab. Of course, since my hotel did not provide free airport transfer, I had to do some research beforehand on how to get to the hotel from the airport. There were several options:

  • Take a taxi which price has been quoted beforehand 
  • Take a metered taxi
  • Take a shared mini bus for 180B
  • Book a day tour with any local travel agency to get free airport transfer
I decided to take a metered taxi, as that is the safest way to ensure that I won't be cheated into paying more than what I was supposed to pay for. Also, I read reviews about the shared mini bus. People mentioned that they do not send you directly to your hotel. They make a pit stop at a local factory/tourist 'attraction'-ish place where goods will be introduced and sold to you. Travellers even mentioned that they were forced to get off, even though they were unhappy about this arrangement and were not willing to step foot out of the mini bus. I wanted to avoid such situations to save time, since I will only be there for 4 days. 

So, the taxi costed around 700/750 baht (I can't remember the actual price), and the ride took about... an hour? Of course, it depends on the traffic situation and if your taxi driver is experienced enough to manoeuver his way around the small roads and shortcuts, the shorter your journey will be. 

Arrived at the villa around 11+ in the morning, and the check-in time was at 2pm. So, I decided to just do the check-in and then get the room key after I get back from the city area. I took the shuttle bus (free service provided by Sea Pearl, runs on hourly basis) to Jungceylon Shopping Centre(the shuttle also goes to Patong Beach). Was hungry cuz it was lunch time and the last meal was in Singapore, at 6/7am in the morning. 

The first restaurant I spotted was Fuji Japanese Restaurant! It's a must eat whenever I go to BKK, so when I saw it at Jungceylon, I was soooo happy!! 


After the meal, I walked around the mall and tried to familiarize with the shop locations. I then headed back to the hotel to rest for the night cuz the flight was so early I barely had any sleep(yup i'm an owl lol). 

Dinner was also in the hotel, ordered room service. (Phad thai, Stir-fried vegetables with roasted pork and chicken drumlets - which were supposed to be green curry chicken...)


Food was great, and the price was... okay, I guess? The meal added up to about... $30+ if I'm not wrong. After dinner, I dipped into the jacuzzi and then had a bath and called it a night. 

Day 2, 3 and 4 will be posted soon, I guess? Hopefully Day 2 will be up before I fly off to Korea on the 15th! So excited keke. I won't be bringing my Macbook with me, so I can't update my blog daily during my trip. But, be sure to follow my Instagram updates! Pretty sure I'd post many pics on that social platform. 

With that said, look forward to my next post! ^^

You Might Also Like

0 comments