ACYY Reviews: Skinny Mint Teatox Journey Part 1 [NOT AN AD]

08:54

Hi everyone!! Firstly, sorry for the long hiatus from blogging. Haven't exactly been free to pen/journal down anything from my travels and life.

I heard of SkinnyMint long ago, whilst watching some Youtube videos. But at that point of time, I was kinda skeptical about it cuz there really weren't many reviews about it. And then, it recently popularized into several other countries. Singapore was one of them. And since so many bloggers have already tried the tea, I thought it was my turn.


But anyway, I just purchased the 14 day Skinny Mint Teatox 2 days ago, and arrived yesterday. I'm on day 1 as of today. Will try to update as the days go by, probably... every few days?


Its 11.45am and I just brewed the 'Morning Cleanse'. These are some of my opinions about the scent and taste of the tea:
  1. Appearance: The tea looks like chrysanthemum tea, just a darker shade of yellow.
  2. Sniff: The tea has a fruity scent, and ends with a slight minty note.
  3. Taste: The tea has a light fruity taste, a light green tea taste and definitely is slightly minty at the end of the taste. Weirdly, but truly, there is a peppery taste(???) after a few sips. It also has a hint of herbal taste but can definitely be neglected - for those of you who don't like herbal tasting stuff. However, after a few sips, I realized that the tea leaves a bit of 'residue'/'after-taste' in your mouth. It feels like I have an extra coat of something in my mouth. Nothing to hate, but its just something you'll have to get used to. Maybe drinking water after finishing your tea will help.
  4. Overall: There is nothing to not like about the Morning Cleanse' tea. Drinking it just makes me feel like I'm trying a new brand of green tea, which is infused with mint and fruits - which is great! Who likes herbal tasting stuff, right? Haha.
A tip to those who are intending to drink the tea hot: DO NOT WAIT TILL IT COOLS DOWN TILL LIKE ROOM TEMP. THE PEPPERY TASTE BECOMES STRONGER. (I DON'T LIKE IT - ITS LIKE DRINKING TEA WITH PEPPER IN IT EWW OMG) *pinches nose and gulps down the tea* 

3/4 cup done and I feel like something is happening to my stomach... placebo effect or not?? Haha I really am not sure BUT I definitely feel like the tea is doing its job (what job it is doing I don't know lol) cuz there's some minor swirling in my stomach. Nope, not a stomachache and no pain at all. So maybe those who have already tried this teatox thing can leave me a comment/remark about if you get the same feeling?? 

Time check: 5.45pm
I haven't exactly felt anything major yet, no explosions or whatsoever lol... I guess we'll have to wait and see till after I brew the 'Night Cleanse'. 

So nothing happened after the 'Morning Cleanse'. It is now 11.43pm and I have just brewed the 'Night Cleanse'. Here are my opinions:

  1. Appearance: Darker shade of yellow, almost to the kind of Chestnut syrup drink you can get at kopitiams but just not green in color.
  2. Sniff: It smells a bit sick. Like, it has a peppermint scent, but has a tinge of sour plum to it? It smells really similar to the 'Morning Cleanse' but you can tell that there is a distinct extra herbal scent to it.
  3. Taste: Similar taste to the 'Morning Cleanse' as well, but has a stronger herbal taste. Also has the peppery taste, and a tad bit stronger. 
  4. Overall: The taste is pretty much bearable. VERY SIMILAR TO THE 'MORNING CLEANSE', just more like a stronger dose of 'Morning Cleanse' haha. Well, I don't really like it.. But I think 'Night Cleanse' is the one that will help to 'teatox' my body so... I don't have much of a choice T_T
Something I've noticed: when the drink is hot, try to finish it asap. Not as strong of a residue/after-taste. 

This is end of Day 1's review. Will try to talk more about it as the days past! 

Till then, 
ciao


You Might Also Like

0 comments